The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) is a UK based, more than 100 years old organisation. It has been gaining popularity in India in the last 5-6 years. However, still confused as to why it is so important for students or qualified Indian Chartered Accountants to join ACCA.
In India, ACCA students easily get placed in the Big 4s, i.e., Ernest & Young, PwC, Deloitte, KPMG and multinational companies that too not only in India but abroad as well. ACCA opens avenues for jobs in 181 countries across the globe, including the UK, Singapore and UAE.
It is essential to understand the areas where career opportunities exist for ACCA.
Anyone can choose ACCA as it gives you career opportunities in the:
- CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT: With the involvement of international legal laws, tax regulation & compliance with the Indian Accounting Standards, ACCAs have many scopes as many companies want to maintain the books of accounts as per the global accountancy standards. You have the upper hand over the local CAs as they are not specialised in international matters, as ACCA is an entire qualification based on IFRS. Become a global CA.
- MANAGEMENT CONSULTANCY: ACCA finds many options to choose management consultancy as a career as it involves implementation and operating budgetary control systems, profit planning or capital and revenue budgeting and many more exciting functions.
- BUSINESS ANALYST: It is a very crucial role in an organisation wherein the ACCA can get a better role since the curriculum of the ACCA is designed in such a way that the candidate gains essential skills to be a good business analyst.
- AUDITOR: ACCAs find Auditing as the most suitable profession for them. The auditor can take up assignments in different fields like health, IT, FMCG, or other industries. It is mandatory for organisations to get themselves audited under various laws. Many times, it is the social responsibility of the organisation to conduct the audit of their accounts.
- TAX CONSULTANT: You can easily choose tax consultancy as your career in the corporate world. You will need to optimise day-to-day tax efficiency and get involved in the tax aspects of high-level.
- TREASURY OR CASH MANAGEMENT: In any organisation, treasury or cash management is a very critical division. ACCA professionals are trained and preferred in treasury since they learn the technical and essential skills to manage the liquidity of the organisation.
- ACCOUNTING FORENSIC: With the increasing number of accounting frauds, forensic accounting has emerged as a new-age career option. ACCA professionals are the most preferred candidates for this role.
- ACCOUNTING AND REPORTING: Accounting and bookkeeping is the core area wherein ACCA professionals prefer over others. They have in-depth knowledge of IFRS and core accounting fundamentals, along with other skill-set and expertise in different areas.
So, for what are you waiting? Join ACCA to accelerate your growth and get better career opportunities.